So I´m going to do my A-levels on English next autumn (2016) and if you ask me the best way to learn the language is through living in a country where the language is spoken. Think about it! Even just listening to English for 3 weeks improves your skills for listening comprehension test. I decided to set me 3 goals for Brighton.
1. Practice small-talk and pronunciation of hard words
- Finland doesn´t do small-talk. Actually we do not speak to strangers... It´s a kind of taboo to do so. Have you ever heard anybody saying "oh that cute Finnish accent"? Me neither! I wanna get as far from Finnish accent as possible!
2. Learn different kinds of idioms and new phrases
- So when I´m doing my English essay during the finals I can amaze the teachers with all kinds of cool phrases (for example: Break a leg)
3. Learn about the culture and learn to write words correctly.
- Sometimes it´s really useful in multiple choice -exercises to know about culture. It has saved me a few times when I haven´t heard the answer from the tape but I´ve known the answer because it was culture-related.
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti