We all got in that huge car of my HF´s and headed to this park. By "we" I mean Tim, Josh, Casey, Pierre and me. We got inside the area by showing this ´volunteer´ -card so we didn´t have to pay. People had these little stands where thy were selling different kind of things. Mainly food. Me, Josh and Pierre wandered around the area and ended up buying this kind of waffle dessert with strawberry jam and cream topping! It was absolutely delicious! It was so big that we ate it from the same plate. That was maybe the most romantic moment during my whole stay in the US.... Sad life... but yummy waffles!
In my great wisdom I decided not to take a jacket with me cause Hey! I´m in California so why the heck would I need a jacket !?!?!??! Well I couldn´t have been more wrong! In the evening I was already freezing and shaking like a snowman (okay snowmen don´t shake I dunno why I said that). Some people were really sympathetic towards me. One guy said like "Someone give him a jacket! I would do it if I just had one with me! I´ll start feeling cold even when I just look at him" and some people just laughed at asked how it is possible to feel cold when I´m from Finland. The next thing we did was a walk to an ice cream kiosk! Much to everybody´s (including my) surprise I wasn´t feeling any warmer after eating that ice cream.
Me and Pierre were told that we could get almost any girl due to our accents! Well maybe yes with a French accent but if you are speaking with the original, honest and real Finnish accent every creature near you will run away screaming in horror! So boys and girls remember to use the Finnish accent if you want to be completely alone.
Before the fireworks we were throwing a football with one of Josh´s twin cousins. It was cool! And finally it was time for the firework show! The fireworks were maybe the best I´ve ever seen! They bet even the Christmas and New year fireworks of Lohja City!!!! I was taking videos of them on Snapchat when the other of the twins suddenly said like "Jacko look! Put your phone away". And I realized that he was right... Why am I using my phone when I can memorize that firework show.After the show we tryed to clean the area with boy scouts and goofed around. Messing around with trash picking sticks, climbing in trees, noticing that climbing in trees is forbidden, running around aimlessly. Sounds like perfectly normal things to do. Before we drove home I talked to some woman and her little daughter near the Boy Scouts tent and she asked me things about Finland and she also asked me to speak a bit Finnish. I said something like "Moi! Mun nimi on Jaakko ja asun Suomessa ja oon seittämäntoista vuotta vanha". I might have said it a bit faster than ppl usually talk in Finland but anyway when the woman asked her daughter how did it sound, she answered that it sounded like Spanish. We laughed and the girl was asked if she knew which language is spoken in Finland and she shyly answered Spanish. Her mom laughed and said "Noo it´s called Finnish" and then she looked at me like "it´s called Finnish right????"
-Guerriero - Marco Mengoni

Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti